Do you have a special occasion on the horizon? Maybe you’re getting married or celebrating a milestone like a Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah, a quinceañera or an anniversary party. It could be that you’re in charge of planning a corporate event. Whatever your reason for needing an event space, you have every reason to look into Ellis Island as a venue for your specially occasion.
Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty are a National Park Service property beloved and cherished by all who love our great nation. The simple of freedom, opportunity, and new beginnings, these properties are even more meaningful for people whose family members were once processed through Ellis Island, upon arrival on our shores. Whatever your heritage, as an American you can’t help but feel a swell of pride at the sight of Lady Liberty, and the feeling of being on this hallowed ground where so many have begun new lives, embracing freedom and the pursuit of happiness.
It’s not purely sentiment that draws people to a special event on Ellis Island. It’s a truly impressive, upscale event venue, where breathtaking views and an on-the-water location will yield their glory for a little while at the end of the day, while your own personal fireworks show bursts into bright life above the Hudson River. Ellis Island and Liberty Island have been hosting corporate and personal events since 1931, welcoming celebrities, political leaders, and dignitaries, as well as ordinary Americans. Movies have been filmed on this picturesque property because its iconic beauty lends itself to telling stories. When you host your event here, you’re creating a memorable gathering that makes this unique location part of your story, too.
Whether your event is small or large, elegant or informal, personal or corporate, we at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty can accommodate your wishes and create an event that meets your need. Choose from indoor and outdoor facilities, and rest assured that we’ll handle every detail to make your event unique and memorable. To see what’s possible, take a look at the photos on our website, to view pictures of other events we’ve hosted, so that you can get a feel for all we have to offer.
The official concessionaire of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Park, Evelyn Hill Inc. can help you create a truly special event in one of the most unique venues available, providing planning services with the help of top-quality vendors approved by the National Park Service. We take care of every detail to make your event unforgettable, while you relax, enjoy your day with friends and family, and focus on making memories of this amazing day. To learn more about planning a special event at Ellis Island, call (212) 363-3200 or contact us through the website.
Planning corporate events can be a daunting task. There’s so much to think about, from the budget and agenda to the theme and venue. Whether you’re an old hand at planning corporate events, or this is your very first time, we have a few tips that will help you make your event a rousing success.
- First, determine your budget and theme. Once you know how much you’re allowed to spend, you may want to solicit input in order to find a theme that’s fun and engaging. When you do come up with a theme, commit to it and carry it throughout the event- there are few things more lackluster than a half-hearted attempt at a theme party.
- Understand your audience. What are you trying to accomplish with this event, and who will be attending? Is it an awards ceremony, attended by employees of your company and intended to honor those who excel? A training session, where having the right technology is key? Maybe it’s a product launch, where you need to sell the attendees not only on something new you’re bringing to market, but also on your brand. When you know your purpose, and you understand your audience, it will be much easier to fill in the details for your event.
- Choose an amazing venue. The hotel ballroom has been done to death. If you want your event to stand out, choose a venue that will get people talking before they even arrive, and keep them buzzing long after the event is over. Look for a unique place that stands out, and see if you can find a place with historical or cultural significance.
- Create design that makes your brand stand out. Especially if your event is a marketing effort, you want your brand carried throughout the décor, with areas that provide Instagram-worthy photo ops, and an overall look that’s visually striking. Pay attention to furniture arrangement, and find ways to make your design choices noteworthy.
- Find unusual ways to engage your guests, playing with space to create areas for different purposes. Whether you’re promoting a product, training employees, or celebrating with colleagues, you want people out of their seats, interacting, and engaged in what’s happening around them. One popular way to do this is by creating areas for various activities, making sure to also create lounge space where people can go to take a break from the action.
- Record the event in a unique way. Anybody can hire a photographer to circulate and take posed pictures of your guests, but if you can find a memorable way to make a record of your event, you’re ahead of the game. Graphic recording is an up and coming trend this year, in which the organizer hires an artist to sketch what’s going on, often in a fun, cartoony way. Of course, even staged photos can be unique and interesting if your venue is visually stunning.
If you’re still looking for a venue with the kind of visual impact that wows your guests and leaves lifetime memories, properties with a view of the New York skyline are a good place to start. Finding a place that holds a certain significance appropriate for your event may be a priority, and so may locating a venue with the gravitas to make your event memorable. What’s the solution? There are many venues that you could choose, but one stands apart from the others: Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Park.
The official concessionaire of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Park, Evelyn Hill Inc. can help you create a truly special event in one of the most unique venues available, providing planning services with the help of top-quality vendors approved by the National Park Service. We take care of every detail to make your event unforgettable, while you focus on circulating, accomplishing your event goals, and making memories of this amazing day. To learn more about planning a special event at Ellis Island, call (212) 363-3200 or contact us through the website.