When you’re choosing a place to hold your destination wedding, it’s hard to find a location that doesn’t feel like a cliché. So many venues seem overdone, with too many people choosing the beach or a vineyard for those places to feel special and unique. If you want somewhere truly unusual, consider a luxury destination wedding at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
Why Ellis Island? Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty stand for new beginnings and all that makes our American heritage so special. Boarding a ferry, you and your guests will enjoy the iconic New York City skyline before experiencing the Statue of Liberty from a very intimate perspective. The interior hall of Ellis Island is a spectacular setting for an elegant reception, featuring a 60-foot vaulted ceiling and bright open windows, and your guests can also enjoy the outdoor patio and everything else the islands have to offer. Glamorous and meaningful, this is a venue like no other, and a gorgeous place to plan the luxury destination wedding of your dreams.
There are a few different options for destination weddings at Ellis Island. The ceremony can be held in the elegant and stately Great Hall on Ellis Island, with the New York cityscape serving as a backdrop, or outside in the Wall of Honor. Whether held at Liberty Island or Ellis Island, weddings at this remarkable venue can include up to 1200 guests. A reception at this unforgettable location is an exclusive private event that makes the most of a treasured national monument, in order to create memories that will last a lifetime.
Weddings held at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty can be anything you want them to be, held during the late afternoon or after the sun goes down, and designed to your specifications. Luxurious and elegant or simple and sweet, your wedding will reflect your personal aesthetic and allow you to entertain your guests in style. Of course, you can plan your wedding to live up to your expectations no matter which venue you choose, but where else can you and your guests be photographed with Lady Liberty. Evelyn Hill, Inc. is the exclusive concessionaire for this amazing national monument, providing food, beverage, retail and special events management on Ellis Island.
Evelyn Hill Inc. can help you enjoy your wedding in one of the most unique venues available, providing event planning with the help of top-quality vendors approved by the National Park Service. We take care of every detail to make your wedding even more unforgettable, while you relax, enjoy your day with friends and family, and focus on making memories of this amazing day. To learn more about planning a luxury destination wedding at Ellis Island, call (212) 363-3200 or contact us through the website.
Do you have a special occasion on the horizon? Maybe you’re getting married or celebrating a milestone like a Bar Mitzvah, Bat Mitzvah, a quinceañera or an anniversary party. It could be that you’re in charge of planning a corporate event. Whatever your reason for needing an event space, you have every reason to look into Ellis Island as a venue for your specially occasion.
Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty are a National Park Service property beloved and cherished by all who love our great nation. The simple of freedom, opportunity, and new beginnings, these properties are even more meaningful for people whose family members were once processed through Ellis Island, upon arrival on our shores. Whatever your heritage, as an American you can’t help but feel a swell of pride at the sight of Lady Liberty, and the feeling of being on this hallowed ground where so many have begun new lives, embracing freedom and the pursuit of happiness.
It’s not purely sentiment that draws people to a special event on Ellis Island. It’s a truly impressive, upscale event venue, where breathtaking views and an on-the-water location will yield their glory for a little while at the end of the day, while your own personal fireworks show bursts into bright life above the Hudson River. Ellis Island and Liberty Island have been hosting corporate and personal events since 1931, welcoming celebrities, political leaders, and dignitaries, as well as ordinary Americans. Movies have been filmed on this picturesque property because its iconic beauty lends itself to telling stories. When you host your event here, you’re creating a memorable gathering that makes this unique location part of your story, too.
Whether your event is small or large, elegant or informal, personal or corporate, we at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty can accommodate your wishes and create an event that meets your need. Choose from indoor and outdoor facilities, and rest assured that we’ll handle every detail to make your event unique and memorable. To see what’s possible, take a look at the photos on our website, to view pictures of other events we’ve hosted, so that you can get a feel for all we have to offer.
The official concessionaire of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Park, Evelyn Hill Inc. can help you create a truly special event in one of the most unique venues available, providing planning services with the help of top-quality vendors approved by the National Park Service. We take care of every detail to make your event unforgettable, while you relax, enjoy your day with friends and family, and focus on making memories of this amazing day. To learn more about planning a special event at Ellis Island, call (212) 363-3200 or contact us through the website.
Planning corporate events can be a daunting task. There’s so much to think about, from the budget and agenda to the theme and venue. Whether you’re an old hand at planning corporate events, or this is your very first time, we have a few tips that will help you make your event a rousing success.
- First, determine your budget and theme. Once you know how much you’re allowed to spend, you may want to solicit input in order to find a theme that’s fun and engaging. When you do come up with a theme, commit to it and carry it throughout the event- there are few things more lackluster than a half-hearted attempt at a theme party.
- Understand your audience. What are you trying to accomplish with this event, and who will be attending? Is it an awards ceremony, attended by employees of your company and intended to honor those who excel? A training session, where having the right technology is key? Maybe it’s a product launch, where you need to sell the attendees not only on something new you’re bringing to market, but also on your brand. When you know your purpose, and you understand your audience, it will be much easier to fill in the details for your event.
- Choose an amazing venue. The hotel ballroom has been done to death. If you want your event to stand out, choose a venue that will get people talking before they even arrive, and keep them buzzing long after the event is over. Look for a unique place that stands out, and see if you can find a place with historical or cultural significance.
- Create design that makes your brand stand out. Especially if your event is a marketing effort, you want your brand carried throughout the décor, with areas that provide Instagram-worthy photo ops, and an overall look that’s visually striking. Pay attention to furniture arrangement, and find ways to make your design choices noteworthy.
- Find unusual ways to engage your guests, playing with space to create areas for different purposes. Whether you’re promoting a product, training employees, or celebrating with colleagues, you want people out of their seats, interacting, and engaged in what’s happening around them. One popular way to do this is by creating areas for various activities, making sure to also create lounge space where people can go to take a break from the action.
- Record the event in a unique way. Anybody can hire a photographer to circulate and take posed pictures of your guests, but if you can find a memorable way to make a record of your event, you’re ahead of the game. Graphic recording is an up and coming trend this year, in which the organizer hires an artist to sketch what’s going on, often in a fun, cartoony way. Of course, even staged photos can be unique and interesting if your venue is visually stunning.
If you’re still looking for a venue with the kind of visual impact that wows your guests and leaves lifetime memories, properties with a view of the New York skyline are a good place to start. Finding a place that holds a certain significance appropriate for your event may be a priority, and so may locating a venue with the gravitas to make your event memorable. What’s the solution? There are many venues that you could choose, but one stands apart from the others: Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Park.
The official concessionaire of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Park, Evelyn Hill Inc. can help you create a truly special event in one of the most unique venues available, providing planning services with the help of top-quality vendors approved by the National Park Service. We take care of every detail to make your event unforgettable, while you focus on circulating, accomplishing your event goals, and making memories of this amazing day. To learn more about planning a special event at Ellis Island, call (212) 363-3200 or contact us through the website.
When you plan an event, what’s your goal? Of course, you want people to enjoy themselves during the event, eagerly anticipating it ahead of time and remembering it fondly after the fact. But what if you could create an event experience that would last a lifetime in the memories of your guests? You can have this kind of impact when you plan to hold your event at Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.
The experience begins as you and your guests board the ferry and head for the islands. You’ll enjoy amazing views of the city, your anticipation growing as you approach the iconic Statue of Liberty, the symbol of the freedoms on which our great nation was built. Whether or not your family came through Ellis Island to put down roots in the United States, it’s hard to keep from becoming emotional as you think about our country’s rich heritage and all those to whom the United States of America has given the chance at a brighter future and a better life.
Your event would be memorable enough if the historical significance of the venue was all Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty had to offer. There’s so much more to appreciate, though. You may want to begin your evening with a cocktail party on Liberty Island, where you can appreciate beautiful views of Manhattan and have an amazing photo op at the Statue of Liberty.
From there, perhaps you’ll head to Ellis Island, where the breathtaking indoor venue provides 13,000 feet of space, accommodating up to 1200 guests. Built in the Beaux Arts style, the building features a beautifully restored 60-foot vaulted ceiling of Guastavino tile, and arched windows indicative of this iconic architectural style. Through those windows, you and your guests will be treated to spectacular views of the New York skyline, which will make an impression so memorable that you’ll be talking about it for years to come.
History, beauty, and a one-of-a-kind location for your event: what more could you ask for? If you’re ready to learn more, it’s time to call Evelyn Hill, Inc. for more information. The official concessionaire of Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty National Park, Evelyn Hill Inc. can help you create a truly special event in one of the most unique venues available, providing planning services with the help of top-quality vendors approved by the National Park Service. We take care of every detail to make your event unforgettable, while you focus on making memories of this amazing day. To learn more about planning a special event at Ellis Island, call (212) 363-3200 or contact us through the website.
These days, corporate events have become an essential part of many successful business models. They provide an avenue for discussion and collaboration, allow you to showcase new products, and let you recognize the outstanding achievement and loyalty of employees.
A successful corporate event begins with choosing the right venue. If you’re looking for a suitable place to hold a company dinner, business retreat, product launch or awards ceremony, Ellis Island could meet your needs perfectly. What sets this NYC corporate event venue apart from the rest? Just consider these top reasons to host your business gathering on Ellis Island.
Unique, Spacious Setting
If you want your corporate event to be memorable, it helps to hold it in a unique setting. No other venue in NYC compares to Ellis Island. It’s a stunning location with several ideal places to hold your event.
For small presentations and meetings, the conference room overlooking the Great Hall is ideal. For larger gatherings, the Great Hall itself, as well as the lawn on Ellis Island, are sure to accommodate your guests. With 13,000 square feet of indoor space and ample exterior acreage, we can comfortably house parties of 25 to 1,200 people.
Between the official activities you have planned, corporate event guests are free to wander the grounds of Ellis Island. They can take a private walking tour while soaking up the unique sights of the Statue of Liberty to the south and the Manhattan skyline to the east. The stunning views on Ellis Island will leave a lasting impression on your corporate event guests.
Guests with ancestors who passed through Ellis Island will revel in the opportunity to look for family names on the Wall of Honor between scheduled events. Even those without ancestry tracing back to the Island of Hope can appreciate its rich history.
The strength and fortitude of people who passed through these halls between 1892 and 1954 become almost tangible to your guests as they meander through the exhibits at the Ellis Island Immigration Museum. Many people find this to be a poignant experience that stays with them for the rest of their lives.
Access to Liberty Island
Of course, you’re not limited to Ellis Island for your corporate event. Your guests can ride a ferry to Liberty Island and visit Lady Liberty up close and personal for an unforgettable photo opportunity. After the sun goes down and your guests return to the mainland, one thing’s for certain – those who attend your corporate event will never forget it!
Evelyn Hill Inc. is the National Park Service’s authorized concessionaire for events on Ellis Island. With over 80 years of experience to draw from, you can trust our staff to work closely with you to make your day on Ellis Island a memorable one. To begin planning your corporate event at NYC’s most iconic venue, please contact us at (212) 363-3200 today.
Are you in charge of planning a company retreat, awards ceremony, fundraiser, product launch or another corporate event? You may be thrilled by this opportunity, but also overwhelmed at the prospect of putting together something so important. Follow these useful tips to help you begin planning your corporate event successfully.
Define the Basics
The very first step of planning a corporate event is to answer these basic questions:
- What is your budget?
- What is the goal of the event?
- How many people will be attending? Are they strictly company employees, or will other industry leaders be present?
- What style of event are you going for? A dinner, upscale cocktail party, all-day conference, interactive activity or something else?
- What date will work best for the event, keeping your industry, school breaks, religious holidays and other significant events in mind? Give yourself at least four months to plan and market a local corporate event here in NYC (or six to 12 months for an international event).
Secure a Venue Early
Once you have a date in mind, it’s time to book a venue. The further in advance you call around, the more likely you are to secure your first choice on the date you want. As you search for the right venue, look for one that meets these requirements:
- Convenient location, preferably one with scenic views
- Spacious interior and exterior areas to accommodate your guests, rain or shine
- Unique atmosphere that will leave a lasting impression
Avoid Paying Too Much Out-of-Pocket
Corporate events are an investment your company must make, but if you plan it right, you can avoid losing money if the event falls through. Here’s how:
- Ask for a complimentary hold on the venue. This is available at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island with National Park Service (NPS) approval.
- Confirm RSVPs and collect payments from attendees. Use this money to pay the deposit so you’re not out anything upfront.
- If you don’t sell enough spots or have to cancel the event for any reason, the complimentary hold lets you do so, as long as you provide several months’ notice to the venue.
When you hold your corporate event at the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island, you gain access to a unique venue with accommodations that provide the professional, memorable setting you crave. The conference room overlooking the Great Hall on Ellis Island is perfect for small meetings and presentations, while the Great Hall’s main floor and outdoor area are ideal for larger events. Evelyn Hill Inc. – the NPS’s authorized concessionaire for events held on Liberty and Ellis Islands – will work with you to help you plan an unforgettable experience.
For more information about holding your corporate event at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, please contact Evelyn Hill Inc. at (212) 363-3200.
Are you interested in holding a social or corporate event at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island? This is a unique opportunity to mingle and socialize while surrounded by beautiful historical landmarks. Your event is bound to make a lasting impression on you and your guests.
Be aware that special rules apply when you hold your event at a National Monument run by the National Park Service (NPS). After all, the goal is to preserve our National Monuments for generations to come. Use the information here to help you with the event planning process.
Event Planner & Vendor Information
- The NPS must approve all events held at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. To seek approval, submit a special use application and a $75 fee. Upon approval, you will receive a Special Use Permit two weeks before your event.
- Prepare to deposit 25 percent upon signing the food and beverage contract, an additional 25 percent three months in advance, and a final payment no less than five days before the event.
- Evelyn Hill Inc. is the authorized concessionaire for the NPS. All outside caterers must be approved by Evelyn Hill Inc.
- Vendors hired to work an event on Ellis Island must conduct a site inspection and drive the load-in route at least two weeks before the event.
- Vendors are required to carry a Certificate of Insurance for $2 million worth of liability coverage.
- Vendors must submit an alphabetical list of employees working the event 72 hours prior to the event.
- Vendors are required to pay Evelyn Hill Inc. a 10 percent commission. Plan this fee into your pricing.
- Setup in the museum’s public areas must wait until the museum closes, which ranges from 5:00 to 6:15 pm depending on the season. Events usually end by 11:30 pm.
- Ferry tickets to Liberty Island or Ellis Island will be arranged for all event staff. Plan call times to coincide with ferry departures from Battery Park, NY or Liberty State Park, NJ. You can find schedules at statuecruise.com.
- If you prefer, staff members can ride empty ferries known as “clearing boats” to Ellis Island. Arrange this transportation at least seven days before the event.
- Arrange to have ferry tickets sent to you in advance or picked up by a manager en masse at the will-call office in Castle Clinton. Individual staff members are not permitted to pick up their tickets.
- A ferry will return to Ellis Island to transport staff back to Battery Park, NY one hour after the conclusion of the event.
- Everyone attending the event – including staff and guests – must obey the directions of the NPS Rangers and US Park Police.
- Staff and guests must go through airport-style security, including a metal detector. This keeps America’s iconic National Monuments safe for all.
For more information about planning your event at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, please contact us at (212) 363-3200.
Luxury Destination Weddings on Ellis Island
Have you always dreamed of visiting the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island? Perhaps you took a trip there as a child and fell in love. Make memories to last a lifetime by not only vacationing in New York City but getting married there as well! Ellis Island could be the perfect place to say “I do.” Here’s what to expect when you book a luxury destination wedding on Ellis Island.
Ferry Ride to Ellis Island
The wedding of your dreams begins with a private ferry ride courtesy of Statue Cruises. Soak up views of Manhattan like you’ve never seen it before while being treated to delicious hors-d’oeuvres and cocktails. You can even arrange live entertainment for the ferry ride, creating an unforgettable start to your wedding day.
You and your guests can go straight to Ellis Island, or you can stop at Liberty Island first for pictures of your wedding party with Lady Liberty herself. You can also arrange to have servers greet your guests with trays of champagne or finger foods as they disembark.
Unique Wedding and Reception Venues
Ellis Island is a wedding and reception venue unlike any other. After all, how many people can say they got married with the stunning Manhattan skyline or Statue of Liberty as the backdrop? This setting puts your ceremony in the middle of a historic location while granting once-in-a-lifetime wedding photo opportunities you’ll treasure forever.
Picture getting married at sunset on Ellis Island with Lady Liberty or the New York skyline in the background. Can you imagine anything more stunning? Keep the party going long after the ceremony with a reception in whatever style you prefer. You can have a cocktail party outside or family-style dining and dancing inside. With a spacious outdoor lawn and 13,000 square feet of indoor space, there’s no shortage of room for you and your guests to celebrate.
From light hors-d’oeuvres and drinks to a full three-course dinner, you can have your wedding catered your way! Whether you opt for our in-house caterer, a preferred caterer or outside catering, you can plan on champagne toasts, a variety of food for your guests and the chance to cut the cake as newlyweds. The staff at Ellis Island will take care of everything.
Why not cap off your wedding night with a professional fireworks display over the Hudson River? This is an unforgettable addition to your wedding reception, not to mention the perfect photo opportunity. A fireworks show is an optional feature you can add to ensure the event goes off with a bang!
Does the idea of riding a ferry and watching professional fireworks on your wedding day sound like a fantasy? Make your dreams come true – contact our consultant at (212) 363-3200 to begin planning your luxury destination wedding on Ellis Island today!
If you’re looking for a venue to hold your corporate dinner, company outing, wedding ceremony, concert or other event, consider the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island as possible locations. These National Monuments immerse your guests in history and provide stunning views of the Manhattan skyline.
Just keep in mind that special rules apply to events held at National Monuments, which are operated by the National Park Service (NPS). The intention is to preserve these sites for the enjoyment of generations to come. The following tips will help ensure your event is successful.
Align the Agenda with the Site’s Schedule
For private events, you may need to wait until regular business hours are over. For instance, vendors can’t set up in the public areas of the Ellis Island Immigration Museum until closing time, which ranges from 5:00 to 6:15 pm depending on the season. Check with the consultant in charge of booking events to ensure you coordinate your schedule with the operating times of the National Monument.
Have a Backup Plan in Case of Bad Weather
The majority of National Monument events take place outdoors, but you never know if the weather will become an issue. Therefore, it’s wise to have a contingency plan in case of rain. Rest assured that Ellis Island offers an expansive 13,000-square-foot interior venue, as well as plenty of space outside, giving you the flexibility to hold your event wherever you see fit.
Be Aware of Catering Restrictions
Some National Monuments have exclusive caterers and vendors they supply for onsite events. As for the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Evelyn Hill Inc. is the exclusive concessionaire for the NPS, providing all food, beverages, retail and special events management for these monuments. Any outside caterers must be approved by Evelyn Hill Inc.
Recognize the Impact Your Event May Have on the Monument
Many national parks and monuments have initiatives for reducing waste and ensuring each event has the smallest possible impact on the site. For example, Evelyn Hill Inc. is a green company that insists all catering and event waste be recycled or composted. Many in-house items are also available to vendors to lessen the event’s impact on Ellis Island. In addition, all vendors are required to carry a Certificate of Insurance for $2 million worth of liability coverage in case any damage occurs.
Plan Your Event with Evelyn Hill Inc.
Event planning can be stressful, especially when you’re not accustomed to working with the special rules of National Monuments. Evelyn Hill Inc. can help you plan and execute the perfect social or corporate event at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. These unique venues can be all yours, giving you the chance to find your family’s name on the Wall of Honor or take a private walking tour of the island between other events you have planned for the evening.
For more information about holding your event at the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, please contact Evelyn Hill Inc. at (212) 363-3200.
Picking the members of your wedding party can be a challenge, so it’s smart not to leave it until the last minute. Remember that not everybody you have ever met needs to be a bridesmaid—this is your day, and you’re allowed to be selective. Be sure to prioritize including people who are important to you and who you think will help foster a fun, positive atmosphere on your special day. For more tips, be sure to check out this helpful video.
Having your wedding at historic Ellis Island can be a truly magical experience for you and your guests. If you would like to learn how to reserve a space for your wedding, call Evelyn Hill Inc. today at (630) 894-5992.